Resolution Establishing a Procedure for Absentee Voting
Whereas, the By-Laws of the Schaumburg Amateur Radio Club (SARC) call for the Board of Directors to Specify a procedure for allowing for the absentee balloting for the election of officers and board members, Therefore, be it resolved that:
- The Secretary shall be directed to publish yearly, in the October issue of the Radio Hill Gazette newsletter of SARC, a notice that requests for absentee ballots must be made in writing to the secretary, the address to which the requests be directed, and the deadline for receiving such requests. The notification shall also include the entire text of this resolution.
- Requests for absentee ballots shall be made in writing to the secretary at least 16 days before the date of the Annual Meeting. Written requests may be given directly to the secretary, sent to the official club post office box or to another address selected by the secretary, as published in the Radio Hill Gazette, as to received 16 days prior to the meeting.
- The Secretary shall verify the eligibility to vote of anyone requesting an absentee ballot. Absentee Ballots and return addressed, postage paid envelopes shall be prepared and sent out by first class mail via the United States Postal Service, 14 days prior to the annual meeting. A record of those requesting and sent an absentee ballot shall be kept by the secretary, and they shall be ineligible to receive a ballot the night of the elections.
- Upon receipt of an absentee ballot, members should mark the ballot appropriately and return the aforementioned ballot in the provided, pre-addressed, postage paid envelope. Ballots shall be mailed as to be received a least two days prior to the annual meeting, or presented in person at the meeting.
- Ballots received by mail shall be left sealed until the night of the annual meeting. Ballots shall be given to the duly appointed ballot tallier, at which time, they shall be opened, and counted with the ballot of the general membership in attendance.