The club will be sponsoring two people to attend the W9DXCC convention on September 13 and 14 at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles. The winners will be announced at the club’s general business meeting on August 15, 2019.
The criteria for awarding the scholarship as well as other conditions are in the attached form. The due date is August 7, 2019.
- KD9AUP Bill’s Magnetic Loop for 40m/30m/20m
- ARRL Field Day 2019 – June 23rd/24th
- Independence Day Parade 2019 – Hoffman Estates, IL
- SARC in the Park – July 13th, 2019
- Volunteer Opportunity – Schaumburg Triathlon
- Technician License Training Class – Fall 2019
- Schaumburg Amateur Radio Club Board of Directors Meeting July 3rd, 2019
- Schaumburg Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting July 18th, 2019
- From the President July 2019
- Reminder: W9DXCC Scholarship Applications Due
From the President,
There is not much to report on here in Wisconsin, hopefully the new home of my ham-shack soon. I was unable to get to the July meeting due to unforeseen physical issues that just won’t go away. However, there is good news for all of us HF radio geeks. On the face of the sun this week, the first sunspot of the new Solar Cycle 25 was detected. This was a small sunspot located, in a high latitude, and it had the magnetic polarity to give an indication that this was the first spawn of the new cycle. Why is this important?
Courtesy of SolarHam – http://www.solarham.net
Why does anybody care? The reason this is special is because it is a year or two early. This was completely unexpected as we have not hit rock bottom of solar cycle 24 yet. So, we can expect to see cycle 24 and 25 sunspots interspersed on a gradually increasing scale going forward. This could mean that we may see more sunspots than in Cycle 25 than we did in Cycle 24. Fingers crossed.
The Schaumburg Amateur Radio Club will be holding entry level Technician Class License training sessions at the Schaumburg Township District Library – Hoffman Estates Branch, starting on Saturday, September 7th 2019 from 10:15am to 12:15pm.